In a survey conducted by Kessler International of 100 Fortune 500 businesses’ intellectual property divisions, Kessler learned that plagiarism is on the rise.
Based on the survey the following statistics were obtained:
- 58% stated that copyright infringement has increased to levels of concern over the past 3 years.
- 82% of those surveyed noted websites and white papers as having the most plagiarized content.
- 48% blamed the education system for not instilling ethics and teaching the use of proper grammar in English classes.
- 23% stated that laziness was the cause.
- 77% said they found out about the problem from a vendor that monitors the web.
If you need help with monitoring your intellectual property, call Kessler.
About Kessler International
Kessler International is the recognized global leader in forensic accounting and auditing, risk management and digital forensics.
To inquire about more information regarding the services provided by Kessler International, or to set up a free, no obligation, initial consultation, potential clients may visit the company’s website at www.investigation.com or call 1-800-932-2221. The company’s corporate headquarters is located at 45 Rockefeller Plaza, 20th Floor, New York, NY 10111-2099.