Cell Phone Forensics — When Every Byte of Data Matters
In the information age, every byte of data matters. Cell phones are capable of storing a wealth of personal information, often intentionally, and sometimes unintentionally. This holds true for almost all mobile devices, such as PDAs and iPhones as well. Cell phone forensic experts specialize in the forensic retrieval of data from cell phones and other mobile devices in a manner that preserves the evidence under forensically acceptable conditions, ensuring that it is court-admissible.
For over 25 years, Kessler International has been a leader in the field of computer forensics.A cell phone forensic investigation includes possible full data retrieval dependent upon the cell phone or PDA model. The cell phone and PDA forensic engineers at Kessler International will conduct a thorough examination of the data found on the cell phone’s SIM/USIM, the cell phone body itself, and any optional memory cards.
Some of the kinds of data that may be retrieved and examined during a cell phone forensic investigation, even after being deleted, include:
• Call times; dialed and received calls, and call durations
• Text messages recovery of SMS message recovery
• Contact names & phone numbers
• Address book entries; residential addresses and email addresses
• Photos & graphics
Law enforcement officials and legal firms realize the importance of evidence contained on cell phones and other mobile devices, and how it can greatly affect the outcome of a trial. Whether working to document evidence of “white collar crime” or tasked by law enforcement to extract data for a criminal trial, the integrity of the firm selected for cell phone forensics is as important as the integrity of the data recovered. More and more court cases are being won with the proper submittal of electronic evidence, so it’s imperative that the cell phone forensic investigator understands the legal issues and imperatives surrounding electronic evidence gathering.
Why and when to call Kessler International
- Parents should contact us if they suspect that their child is misusing the device or being harassed by someone contacting or photographing them without their consent. Kessler will discreetly investigate and, if necessary, assist law enforcement by providing court-admissible data to corroborate legal claims.
- Kessler International can perform mobile phone forensics if an individual suspects his or her spouse of cheating. Data such as placed & received calls and phone call times, text messages, photos and other incriminating evidence can be retrieved from the spouse’s cell phone or mobile device.
- Companies and corporations should contact us to perform cell phone forensics if they suspect espionage by a competitor or disgruntled employee.
- Business owners who distribute cell phones to their executives and sales staff may contact us to perform cell phone forensics to determine if these devices are being inappropriately used to view and/or download porn, or defying restricted Internet usage company policies.
- Individuals may contact Kessler International if they suspect they have been the victim of e-stalking, the subject of inappropriate and non-consensual digital photography and other forms of digital harassment.
Kessler International’s forensic cell/mobile phone, PDA, and computer investigations are discreet, controlled, thorough and fully documented. Our professional staff is both certified and highly-experienced in their respective forensic disciplines. Forensic cell phone audits by Kessler International’s professionals yield superior results as our techniques and procedures far exceed those used in routine data recovery investigations. Our forensic examinations will document the evidence that the client needs and the respective circumstance requires. For all your cell phone forensic investigative needs, Kessler International is the company to call.
A Leader in the Field of Cell Phone Forensics
For over 25 years, Kessler International has been a leader in the field of digital forensics. The cell phone forensic engineers at Kessler International are fully trained in proper evidence handling and litigation support services. Our broad knowledge of these complex electronic systems combined with extensive legal training demonstrates the high standards Kessler International maintains. These standards are critical to providing the data that support an accurate presentation of the facts. Kessler has built its rock-solid reputation on it. Remember, when the bar is set high, Kessler International is the company to call.